Residential Home Inspection
We will inspect the whole roofing system, this includes:
- Roof covering materials
- Eaves & downspouts
- Vents, flashing, skylights and other roofing penetrations
- General structure of the roof
We use tall ladders to access the roof when safe to do so
- The exterior wall covering materials, flashing and trim
- All exterior doors
- Adjacent walkways and driveways
- Stairs, steps, stoops, stairways and ramps
- Porches, patios, decks, balconies and carports
- Railings, guards, and handrails
- Eaves, soffit and fascia
- A represented number of windows
- Vegetation, surface drainage, retaining walls and grading of the property
Basement, Foundation, Crawlspace & Structure
- the foundation;
- the basement;
- the crawlspace; and
- structural components.
- the heating system, using normal operating controls.
- the cooling system, using normal operating controls.
- the main water supply shut-off valve;
- the main fuel supply shut-off valve;
- the water heating equipment, including the energy source, venting connections,
- temperature/pressure-relief (TPR) valves, Watts 210 valves, and seismic bracing;
- interior water supply, including all fixtures and faucets, by running the water;
- all toilets for proper operation by flushing;
- all sinks, tubs and showers for functional drainage;
- the drain, waste and vent system; and
- drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
- the service drop;
- the overhead service conductors and attachment point;
- the service head, gooseneck and drip loops;
- the service mast, service conduit and raceway;
- the electric meter and base;
- service-entrance conductors;
- the main service disconnect;
- panelboards and over-current protection devices (circuit breakers and fuses);
- service grounding and bonding;
- a representative number of switches, lighting fixtures and receptacles, including receptacles
- observed and deemed to be arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI)-protected using the AFCI test
- button, where possible;
- all ground-fault circuit interrupter receptacles and circuit breakers observed and deemed to be
- GFCIs using a GFCI tester, where possible; and
- for the presence of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- readily accessible and visible portions of the fireplaces and chimneys;
- lintels above the fireplace openings;
- damper doors by opening and closing them, if readily accessible and manually operable; and
- clean out doors and frames.
Attic, Insulation & Ventilation
- insulation in unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas;
- ventilation of unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas; and
- mechanical exhaust systems in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry area.
Doors, Windows & Interior
- a representative number of doors and windows by opening and closing them;
- floors, walls and ceilings;
- stairs, steps, landings, stairways and ramps;
- railings, guards and handrails; and
- garage vehicle doors and the operation of garage vehicle door openers, using normal operating controls.